Biotechnology - 30/60 ECTS
Why study Biotechnology?
- Biotechnology is an education for the future
- Biotechnology comprises the use of living organisms (or parts thereof), extracts or molecules to generate knowledge, products or services
- Biotechnology is an area in expansive development
- Biotechnology involves the use of gene technology, animal & plant cells, bacteria, yeast and much more
About the programme
Exchange students can study biotechnology for either one or two semesters (30 or 60 credits). The courses are:
- Biochemistry (10 ECTS, autumn)
- Genetics (10 ECTS, autumn)
- Bioprocess technology (15 ECTS, autumn)
- Microbiology (10 ECTS, spring)
- Molecular Biology (10 ECTS, autumn)
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology lab (10 ECTS, spring)
- Industrial Biotechnology (5 ECTS, spring)
- Senior Thesis Project (15 or 20 ECTS, autumn and/or spring)
In addition to standard higher education admittance requirements, the applicant must have successfully completed course exams comprising at least 60 ECTS credits in mathematics and natural sciences, including a foundation in chemistry and biology.
English language requirements: All non-native English speakers must provide official documentation of English language proficiency at the level of Norwegian upper secondary school/high school. English must have been the primary foreign language in at least seven years in primary, secondary and upper secondary school, alternatively an A-level exam in English. Applicants who do not fill these requirements, must take one of the following tests:
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 500 (written) 170 (computer based) 60 (internet based)
- IELTS with a minimum score of 5.0
More about biotechnology at Hedmark University College!