Hedmark University College (HUC) welcome exchange students from partner institutions for study periods normally of the duration of minimum 3 months up to one year. On the campus web pages you find lists of partner institutions that presently have active student exchange agreements with HUC. There you will also find a closer presentation of the international semester programmes that are particularly designed for international student chorts with English as language of instruction.
If you are EU citizen and attend a Higher Education Institution in your home country, the Erasmus mobility programme might be an opportunity for you. Check with the international office at your home institution if there is a bilateral LLP Erasmus agreement with Hedmark University College, and what are your institutions criteria set for applications for Erasmus mobility grant. Application for an exchange programme to Hedmark University College follows the procedures of the Erasmus programme with an ECTS application for admission as well as the working out of an Erasmus Learning Agreement. Erasmus exchange students do not need to apply for student recidence permit to enter a Norwegian higher education institution.
Here you find key documents for the application process to become an Erasmus student at Hedmark University College
Higher education institutions in the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) add the Baltic Countries (Estland, Latvia and Lithuania) can cooperate within the Nordplus programme with project funding from the Nordic Ministry. Within the Nordplus networks there are funding possibilities for student and staff mobility and intensive courses. Check with your home institution if there is a Nordplus programme link with HUC.
Language of instruction
Please note that undergraduate programmes (BA level) at HUC have Norwegian as the language of instruction. A certain number of international semester courses and master programmes are offered in English. Read about them at http://www.hihm.no/English/Studies/Study-catalogue
Non-Scandinavian/ Nordic citizens
Non-Scandinavian/ Nordic citizens who wish to apply for studies at HUC must meet
- the general entry requirements
- any additional land based requirements for one or two years of higher education. For details on entry requirements for your country, see: http://www.nokut.no/en/Foreign-education/General-recognition/Applicant/NOKUTs-administrative-procedure/GSU-list/
Applicants must also be able to document Norwegian and English proficiency according to specified minimum requirements, see
For more information on applications and entry requirements for undergraduate studies, and language requirements, please see: http://info.samordnaopptak.no/english
Student residence permit
Non-Scandinavian/ Nordic citizens have to obtain a student residence permit before they can attend a programme.
- The application for student residence permit must be submitted from your country of origin or another country where you have been a legal resident for at least six months.
- Nationals covered by the EEA Agreement and the EFTA Convention may apply for the residence permit from within Norway.
To apply to obtain a student residence permit in Norway you must have
- a valid admission letter from receiving institution,
- documentation ensured housing,
- be ensured subsistence: You must have financial means equivalent to the amount of approximately NOK 90,000 *
(*The amount is being regulated each year. For the academic year 2010-11 the amount was NOK 90 000 - approx. EUR 11 400)
About the regulations, see:
http://www.udi.no/templates/Tema.aspx?id=7415 and http://www.udi.no/templates/Tema.aspx?id=7417#what
Hedmark University College does not offer scholarships on general basis. Our Quota programme is restricted to students from institutions with which Hedmark University College has a cooperative agreement.
Have a look at http://www.studyinnorway.no/sn/Tuition-Scholarships/Scholarships for other funding possibilities.
Scandinavian/ Nordic citizens
Scandinavians/ Nordic citizens have to meet the entry requirements for their respective countries.
Study plans and application deadlines
- For exchange students to programmes with English as language of instruction see http://www.hihm.no/English/Studies/Study-catalogue
- For exchange and self financing students to programmes with Norwegian as language of instruction see http://www.hihm.no/Hovedsiden/Studietilbud
- For the Quota programme see http://www.hihm.no/English/Studies/Quota-Programme