Admission Process for Self-financing Non EU/EEA-Citizens
(Exchange- and Quota Students have a separate admission process)
Please read the information carefully and note that:
- During the application process your SPAM filter (preventing bulk or junk e-mail) should be set on the lowest level as some notifications are bulk e-mailed to the applicants.
Please send all your questions to our e-mail address: email@example.com and do not resend your
e-mail to other addresses as it is both time consuming and confusing for everybody.
- Students are enrolled only once a year, in autumn. The electronic application form is open between November 1st and December 1st.
We wish you good luck with your application!
|Admission Calendar and procedure|
|01.Nov.||The online preliminary application forms are published on our website. Please note that at this stage there are only online registration. We do not require, and do not accept, any additional documents until the screening is completed.|
Deadline for submitting the on-line application forms.|
Received applications will undergo an initial screening.
|07.Jan.||You will be notified about the outcome of the pre-screening by e-mail only. Applicants qualified to the next round of the application process, are invited to deliver a full application package with required documentation within February 1st. .Detailed information regarding the content of the application package, will be provided by e-mail to the selected candidates.|
Deadline for sending in the full application package (post stamp). Please note the following:
- you have to fulfill the admission requirements by this time (e.g. students applying for a Master’s degree will not be considered if they cannot provide their Bachelor diploma by February 1st)
- please note that TOEFL & IELTS tests are considered valid for 2 years only.
You will be notified about the outcome of the final application by e-mail only.
Those of you receiving the Letter of Admission, should immediately contact the Norwegian Embassy or Consulate in your home country. More information on student visas: http://www.udi.no/Norwegian-Directorate-of-Immigration/Central-topics/Studies/
By this time you should:
- Return Student-Deposit reply slip.
- Transfer the requested sum to the SiH Student Deposit Account. Norwegian Immigration Authorities (UDI) require a guarantee of approx.
NOK 94 500(EUR 12 700) for the academic year 2013/2014 from all the self-financing students coming from non EU/EEA countries.
- Apply for student accommodation if you wish to live in one of our student rooms/flats. Please read deadline information at: http://www.sih.no (campus Hamar) or http://www.hihm.no/English/Campus-Evenstad (campus Evenstad)
|August||Attendace at arrival day and oriantation week are mandatory. Information about the programme will be published in June/July on our website.|
|01.Sep.||Should you not receive your student visa in time or arrive delayed to Hedmark University College, please mind that students are not allowed to enroll at HUC after September 1st.|